Thursday 29 March 2012

Om nom nom! Chocolate fudge brownies!

Mmmm, my house smells yummy! I made chocolate brownies! (Why can I not help saying that in a ner-ne-ner-ne-ner-ner! voice?!) They are yummy, if I say so myself! I don't often bake, because if I bake it, I eat it! But we are having a shared lunch at work tomorrow, as it's the last day before Easter, so here we are:
Here's my recipe:
75g plain chocolate
100g margarine
3 eggs
350g caster sugar
120g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
175g pecan nuts, chopped
50g bag Dr Oetker fudge chunks
100g bag Dr Oetker milk chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 180oC. Grease and base lane a baking tin, mine is 25cm x 25cm but anything with roughly the same surface area should do. Melt the chocolate and margarine in a bowl over a pan of boiling water, then leave to cool. If in a rush, like I was, you can replace the boiling water with ice water after the mixture has completely melted, to cool it down faster.

In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar. I find that the more I whisk, the chewier the final brownies will be, so depends how you like them. Add the cooled chocolate mixture and stir well. Seive in the flour and baking powder and carefully fold in. Then fold in the nuts, fudge chunks and chocolate chips. Pour into the prepared tin and level the surface.

Bake in the preheated over for about 40 minutes, mine got slightly overdone at this time, so it depends on your oven. I would say keep an eye on it from 30mins onwards. Let it cool for a bit in the tin until it's slightly less squishy and liable to collapse into a squishy mess, then transfer onto a wire rack to cool.

Et voila!

5 comments:

  1. These look yummy! I wish my house smelt of chocolate not parmesan cheese! my husband spilt a tub of grated parmesan all over the table and kitchen floor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, they look good - i wish you worked with me! Its Hubby's birthday so i bought his fav cake but I'm not a fan :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! They look very nommy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look delicious!! Haven't made brownies in like forever! =D

    ReplyDelete