Sunday 27 May 2012

I've been a bad blogger...again!

:( Sorry guys, I've let you down once again! I've just realised I haven't given you an update since 12th May! And I haven't done a WIP Wednesday for a month! So I guess I'd better update you...

The main problem has been that I am working on a couple of things that I can't tell you about yet. It used to really annoy me when I read that on blogs, but now I can see how it is unavoidable sometimes. But I have designed something totally awesome (though I say so myself) and entered it in a competition - top prize is a sewing machine, so I really want to win! And the other thing I've been working on is my Let's get acquainted blog hop post - it's not my turn until July, but once I'd decided what I was going to do, I couldn't wait to get started!

But I've got a few other things to tell you about. Remember the lovely coffee pot fabric I won from Susan at Canadian Abroad:
Well I used it to make a cafetiere cover and 6 mug rugs. I had lots of funny shaped scraps left over, so I jiggled these about a bit and made a mat for the cafetiere, sugar pot, etc to sit on. So from a fat quarter there was only about 2" x 3" worth of tiny scraps left over! The mat won't win any design awards, but for optimum use of the fabric I don't think I could've done much better! Here they are:


The cafetiere cover is loosely based on a pattern I found online, but I can't for the life of me find it again!

In other news, I've bought and won a few bits and pieces. Firstly, I won this beautiful charm pack from Izzy at Dizzy quilts as part of the Fugly party at Charm about you:

I went to Doughty's sale at Dunholme near Lincoln, and bought a few things. This jelly roll:

I also bought this blue fabric (the one at the bottom in this pic) to go with the fabrics I won from Maria at Not only quilts:
...and this floral fabric to go with the Kitty Boutique my mum bought me:

And while I was at the sale, my partner went out to get his hair cut and came back with these:
...and a bunch of flowers!

and finally...this is what I will be working on for the forseeable future:

I'm linking up with:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

9 comments:

  1. Well least you've been busy with sewing related things. Like winning fabric and buying it too!
    What a sweet gift =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love your Meody Miller coffee set

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy stash building. A good enough excuse not to blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like your coffee set. I avoided Doughty's on Saturday as I thought I might loose control of the purse strings! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your MM cofee set is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those bunnies are adorable and love the coffee set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh those rabbits are so so cute and love your little coffee cosy and mug rugs!! so cute too! lovely x

    ReplyDelete